How To Make Chicken Dum Biryani
Chicken Dum Biryani is the famous biryani of Hyderabad. It is also made from mutton. I have made chicken by marinating it in curd.
Stuff and Ingredients:
500 grams rice
2.4 bay leaf
2 lentils sugar
2 tsp ghee
2 teaspoons salt
Ingredients for Marinating Chicken-
500 grams chicken
1 cup curd (thickened with water)
1 cup fried onions
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tsp coriander finely chopped
1 teaspoon mint finely chopped
oil as required (Chicken Dum Biryani)
How To Make Chicken Dum Biryani:
- First wash and clean the chicken thoroughly and drain all its water. Fry the onion and keep it. Mix all the spices in one place and prepare ginger garlic paste.
- Wash the rice with water three to four times and keep it soaked for half an hour. Heat water in a large pan, add 2 teaspoons of ghee, salt, bay leaves, cloves, small cardamom, cinnamon.
- Marinate the chicken by adding ginger garlic paste, curd, all spices and salt.
- When the water starts boiling, add rice and let it cook for five minutes. When the rice is cooked up to 80%, sieve it with the help of a large sieve. Keep in mind that the rice should not be over cooked as the rest of the rice will be cooked while it is steaming.
- Now to make chicken, put a pan on the gas. Put oil in the pan and add the marinated chicken. Cook on low flame for 10-15 minutes, then increase the flame, drain the water of the chicken and fry it in 20 to 25 minutes, the chicken will be ready. Add coriander leaves and switch off the gas.
- Rice and chicken both are ready, now first put 2 tablespoons of ghee in the cooker. Add cinnamon bay leaves or any other ground spices of your choice. Now cut two onion slices and add them. If the onion turns red, then turn off the gas. Now put a layer of chicken and rice in the cooker.
- Now again spread a layer of rice on top of the chicken. And again add fried onions, coriander and mint leaves.
- Lastly, add fried onions, coriander and mint leaves, fennel powder, garam masala powder and all the remaining ghee. Add saffron soaked in milk and put some food color at one place. Cut the green chillies from the middle and put them. Close the lid of the cooker and turn off the gas before the whistle starts. (Chicken Dum Biryani)